Imagine that our boss told us about an upcoming project to build a prototype of an online/mobile banking self-service application.
He informed us that there will be a meeting set up in a day or so to talk to the business folks and clarify requirements.
So at this point of time all information we have is a potential application name -
Let's say we've decided to stick with
So, what do we do at this stage with such limited information available? We will:
- Install prerequisites:
- Maven Integration for Eclipse,
- Tycho Configurator,
- Nasdanika Application Workspace Wizard and Story Edtor,
- Generate application projects
- Run the application in Eclipse
- Explore the documentation system
- Explore the application projects
- Build and launch the application locally
- Dockerize the application
- Set up an automated build
- Publish code to GitHub,
- Set up build/test job on CircleCI,
- Set up automated image build on Docker Hub.