Debugging, fixes, and contributing back
Clone the server repository (URL), set the target platform from the repository project. Run your app, make fixes, create a pull request. You may need to remove the running platform bundles.
Coin metaphor - business and technology side - what and how.
Experimental/planned functionality overview
A separate chapter?
Core idea - contextual execution, transparent persistence.
CDO adds concurrency - locks on object trees, persistency, and a unique URL for every object in the repository - callbacks.
Externals - OSGi services, enroll in XA transactions.
- Boxing - services "monikers" serialization.
- Promises - unified approach - "invoke" people and third parties.
- Rules - transaction listeners (deltas), EContentAdapter, low-level Java coding or XText-based language with built-in app domain model, translates to a model - interpreted or as a source for generation. Hot deployments of rule-sets with p2. Join collections, time windows, compensating/undo rules - when the condition no longer holds.
- SCA - template model, instances in the repository, promised execution?
- xa transactions - CDO plus services. Atomikos.